1 hr 5 mins
This icing is the perfect finishing touch-- velevty and oh-so-smooth. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, whisk together the flour and water constantly over medium heat until thick (about the consistency of glue).
- 2Be careful not to burn it!
- 3Once thick, remove from heat and cool off completely by setting the pot in a slightly larger pan of cold water, or a sink with a bit of cold water.
- 4While it's cooling, in a medium bowl, mix together the sweetener, vanilla, margarine, and cocoa powder until well mixed.
- 5Add the cooled flour mixture to the bowl and stir together until there are no lumps.
- 6Let cool in the fridge for 30-60 minutes-- before using.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Icing
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.6
- Calories from Fat 636
- Total Fat 70.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 807.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: