Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Submitted in our 2012 cookie exchange. Yield is a guess, it may not be accurate.
Make and share this Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (13 ounce) jar chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped toasted and skinned
- 5 ounces white chocolate baking squares, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a very large mixing bowl; beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add chocolate-hazelnut spread, unsweetened chocolate and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat as much of the flour mixture into creamed mixture as you can. Stir in any remaining flour mixture. Stir in chocolate pieces and hazelnuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until the edges are just set. Let cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire racks. Drizzle melted white chocolate over cooled cookies. Let stand until set.
- Note: To skin and toast hazelnuts: Boil the hazelnuts in a quart of water with 4 Tbsp of baking soda for 3 - 4 minutes. Rinse them in a colander under cold water. The skins should come off easily. Roast in 350 oven for 10-12 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so.