Here's an easy cake that even a small child can make with a little help from an adult. Feel free to experiment with different fillings, as long as the ratio of chocolate to the other goodies remains the same.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Add in both kinds of nuts and the cherries and stir to mix.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer over the lowest possible heat until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- You may have to give it a stir or two to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl with the biscuits and use a spoon to mix everything until the chocolate is evenly distributed across the rest of the ingredients.
- Line a loaf pan with saran wrap, leaving lots of extra at the edges to cover the top of the finished cake.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan.
- You may have to use the back of the spoon to pack it down.
- Pull the extra saran wrap over the top and use your hands to push down firmly on the cake, making sure it is well packed together.
- Place in the fridge for two hours to cool, then take out and slice.
- For a special touch, dust with cocoa powder.