Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's an easy cake that even a small child can make with a little help from an adult. Feel free to experiment with different fillings, as long as the ratio of chocolate to the other goodies remains the same.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Add in both kinds of nuts and the cherries and stir to mix.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer over the lowest possible heat until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- You may have to give it a stir or two to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl with the biscuits and use a spoon to mix everything until the chocolate is evenly distributed across the rest of the ingredients.
- Line a loaf pan with saran wrap, leaving lots of extra at the edges to cover the top of the finished cake.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan.
- You may have to use the back of the spoon to pack it down.
- Pull the extra saran wrap over the top and use your hands to push down firmly on the cake, making sure it is well packed together.
- Place in the fridge for two hours to cool, then take out and slice.
- For a special touch, dust with cocoa powder.
We've made this recipe now a couple of times and it's wonderful. I take the nuts out because the kids aren't fond of them, but it still is delicious. (I think the nuts would be a wonderful addition!) The note to use excellent chocolate is an important one. The chocolate really makes the cake and I used good quality bar chocolate both times and it was excellent. Thank you for sharing this recipe. We'll be making this over and over and over!!!
This is so easy and delicious! As my family did not care much for dark chocolate, I compromised by using 60 gm 70% and 140 gm 45%. To cut the sweetness, I used salted cashewnuts in place of pecans - and also sub half of the butter with peanut butter (my DH´s a big PB fan!). I opted to use a brownie pan to get bars. I did have a problem with cutting though, some of the slices crumbled - it could be that I did not pack it well enough. But anyway, we devoured half of it within 20 minutes!! Lovely recipe that I plan to do again soon. —