Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I doubled this recipe, and I'm glad I did. I used all butter instead of shortening. Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks Cookies, Brownies, and Bars.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 9 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheets.