Recipe by Redsie
From Betty Crocker.
Top Review by CoffeeB
These get 5 stars for how different they are apart from the normal choco-chip cookie bar. The only deviance I made to your recipe was using milk choco-chip/p.b.chip swirls. Didn't have plain milk choco-chips and so this worked just as well. I"m sure any type of chip used would be fine depending on how sweet you like the bars. Thanks for a keeper/winner Reds. Made for 123Hitwonders~
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml milk chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml milk chocolate chips
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup brown sugar and the butter. Stir in 1 cup flour. Press in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix eggs, 1 cup brown sugar and the vanilla. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour, the baking powder and salt. Stir in semisweet and milk chocolate chips. Spread over crust.
- Bake bars 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat all Chocolate Glaze ingredients over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted. Drizzle glaze over cooled bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows. Store at room temperature.