Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Dream Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350°F In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup brown sugar and the butter. Stir in 1 cup flour. Press in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix eggs, 1 cup brown sugar and the vanilla. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour, the baking powder and salt. Stir in semisweet and milk chocolate chips. Spread over crust.
- Bake bars 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat all Chocolate Glaze ingredients over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted. Drizzle glaze over cooled bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows. Store at room temperature.
These get 5 stars for how different they are apart from the normal choco-chip cookie bar. The only deviance I made to your recipe was using milk choco-chip/p.b.chip swirls. Didn't have plain milk choco-chips and so this worked just as well. I"m sure any type of chip used would be fine depending on how sweet you like the bars. Thanks for a keeper/winner Reds. Made for 123Hitwonders~
I have made this several times, and we have never been able to wait until they are completely cooled, LOL! I brought these to my husband's workplace and they were gobbled up!
These were great. DD and I made these together and everyone loved them. I used light butter and we used our hands (floured) to press the bottom layer in the pan. I used one cup of chips and about a 1/2 c of pecans in the second layer.