Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for a request for chestnut puree recipes. From "Chocolate Heaven".
- 1 pre-prepared sweet pie crust
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can chestnut puree
- 8 ounces chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Cream the butter& sugar together until pale& creamy.
- Add the chestnut puree, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Place over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate is melted, stirring until smooth.
- Stir the chocolate into the chestnut mixture until combined, then add the brandy.
- Pour the filling into the cold pie crust.
- Level the surface until smooth.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Decorate with whipped cream, chocolate leaves or dusted with cocoa.
Didn't make a pie, but used the chestnut part as frosting for my Christmas log instead. Before adding the chocolate, I set aside some of the chestnut-sugar-butter mix, to which I added some icing sugar (for the "cut" part of the log). I reduced the chocolate to 7 oz and added it to the rest of the chestnut mix (used this as the "bark"). Worked great, the only thing is that the chocolate part hardens quite rapidly, so you have to work fast... other than that, it was perfectly decadent!!! Thanks for sharing Marli :)