Recipe by mary winecoff
This came to me as a Christmas present. I made 2 pies from this and they were wonderful.
Top Review by Diplo-mom
Made this several times. The first time, I doubled the recipe and canned the apples following instructions to process in a water bath and everything. About two weeks later all the tops had popped up:( I tried again and this time I froze the apples. We have used numerous times for pies and cobblers and love the taste. I have also substituted dark rum for the amaretto and it was equally as good. Thanks Mary for a yummy apple recipe!
- 12 large red apples (20 if small)
- 6 large granny smith apples (12 if small)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup Amaretto
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Add apples to large pot. Add sugar, 1 stick butter, water, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 15-20 minutes, reduce heat to medium low.
- Add Amaretto and let simmer another 5 minutes.
- Place in jars, process in water bath to seal.