I love those chicken burrito bowls at the restaurant Chipotle, and this version is just as good - to me and my family anyway! The recipe appears to be long, but it consists of mostly toppings. Enjoy!
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (11 ounce) can diced tomatoes with chiles and cilantro (if you can find it)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) boxgoya Mexican rice or 1 (8 ounce) box jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (red top)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 pinch pepper (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) package guacamole seasoning mix
- 1 -2 avocado
- lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 1 -2 cup of shedded cheddar cheese or 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut up chicken and add cumin, taco seasoning salt + pepper, paprika, and Adobo, set to the side;.
- Cook rice according to the directions on the box.
- In a large saute or frying pan on med-high heat, estimate and add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil;.
- Add chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, peel avacados and make guacamole according to package directions. Refrigerate.
- Open cans of black beans, corn, diced tomatoes with chiles and cilantro and put in small bowls. If you'd like, you can warm, the can of beans and corn (not together, or together). Don't warm the can of diced tomatoes, unless you like warm salsa/tomato mixture.
- Once chicken and rice is done, you can start plating. Letting everyone add the toppings of their choice is part of the fun of the meal!
- Suggestion for plating - put shredded lettuce in bowl or plate first - then add rice, then chicken, then toppings (guacamole, black beans, cheese, corn, diced tomato mixture, sour cream, or anything else you think would be good).