Chicken Chipotle Burrito Bowls
We thought this recipe was awesome!Tons of flavor. Add your chipotles to taste. We like it spicy, so I add more. I also added way more cumin. Instead of topping it with plain sour cream, I topped it with Recipe #366559 That went wonderful with it! The recipe doubles very nice. Makes great wraps with leftovers. Before adding your bean mixture, taste to see if it needs salted. I added salt to mine. You may need more rice than the recipe calls for. Source - Chefmeow
- Ready In:
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cubed
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes (I used diced mexican tomatoes.)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 corn tortillas (cut or torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack pepper cheese
- fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray a rectangular glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken in an even layer in baking dish.
- In a bowl combine beans, corn, tomatoes, chipotle chili peppers, cumin, cilantro and garlic then pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle with tortilla pieces then bake for 30 minutes.
- To serve divide rice evenly among four serving bowls and top with chicken mixture.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I thought this recipe was just okay. After baking the sauce was watery, the chicken was tasteless and the many of the tortilla chips were wet and mushy. I used a baking dish that was 9 x 11, so perhaps using a 9 x 13 would spread the tortilla chips out more so they would all be crispy. It was an easy meal to put together and I served it over lime-cilantro rice. I don't think I would make it again. I
This is my kind of recipe! I love recipes that can be prepared ahead and popped in the oven as I sit back and enjoy myself as dinner bakes in the oven. This is one of those recipes and the results were wonderful! I might cut the chicken into a bit smaller chunks than I did. It was fine but that would just be my personal preference. We all enjoyed it - adding our favorite toppings. Thanks for sharing!