Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an old family recipe that my mom got out of a magazine when I was a kid. We make it every year at Christmas time.
- Combine honey and peanut butter in large sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smoothly combined and mixture just comes to the boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Add cereal and peanuts; stir until well combined.
- Press lightly into greased 8 or 9 inch square cake pan.
- Chill about 1 hour. Cut into bars or squares.
I am officially the most popular person on the planet since making these.....DH is just LOVING them (so am I for that matter!!). These little beauties are deliciously chocolatey, and chewy,with a great crunch from the Rice Krispies and nuts.We loved the touch of salt from the peanuts ( I roasted and salted my own!!),it really made it. A great recipe,that is easier than easy to make and all to simple too pig out on. A winner in my book!!! Made for PAC Fall 2009.