Recipe by Mom2Rose
This is easy to prepare and delicious too!
Top Review by Charlotte J
This recipe worked great for me. I did not have the onion/garlic croutons. Instead I used 3/4 cup of bread crumbs and 1/2 teaspoon each of onion powder and garlic powder. Just for a little insurance policy, I made a egg/1T water mixture to dip the chicken in before breading. The whole family enjoyed this for lunch today. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*
- 1 cup onion and garlic croutons, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk crouton crumbs and cornstarch.
- Stir in the soy sauce.
- Add chicken and toss until completely coated.
- Cover; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes until nice and crispy and cooked through.
- Turn about 4 or 5 times during cooking to avoid burning.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with additional soy sauce, chopped scallions, cooked rice and steamed sugar snap peas, if desired.