Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like Asian flavors, this is a great marinade for chicken or pork. This marinade recipe makes enough for 2lb of meat. Marinate red meat or poultry for 2 hours at room temp or 24-48 hours in the fridge.
- 1 in piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 pinch superfine sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Finely grate the ginger, collect it up into a ball and squeeze out the juice into a bowl.
- Stir in the other ingredients and use as required.
I used this marinade with a steak and overnight. I used rice wine vinegar probably not the right thing. Thanks English Rose :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT