Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had this delicious coleslaw type of salad in a chinese restaurant several times. I searched for the recipe and finally found it in an old church cookbook.
- 4 cups thinly sliced Chinese cabbage
- 4 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Mix all ingredients for salad together in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
Light, SO EASY and tasty, tasty, tasty. Thanks for sharing this. Absolutely a keeper. I'd like to see how it tastes the next day but they inhaled it all. Next batch I'll hide...
This is a light and refreshing side dish. The textures worked well together, and the red pepper added the color for a nice presentation. We thought it could have been a little sweeter. UPDATE: Just ate the leftovers a few days later...this salad is AWESOME after it sits!