Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are nothing short of amazing!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 32 -35 blanched whole almonds (use enough whole almonds for each cookie)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed beat butter and sugar until creamy (about 4 minutes).
- Add in whole egg and almond extract and beat until well blended.
- In a small bowl mix together flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Shape the dough into about 1-inch balls, then flatten slightly with hands.
- Place on a large buttered baking sheet.
- In a small bowl beat the egg yolk with milk until blended; brush the cookies with the egg mixture (discard any remaining mixture).
- Press 1 whole almond in the center of each cookie then sprinkle with about 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets then use a spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.
WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so much for sharing again. These are so much better than ones you can buy. I added chocolate icing just because I like chocolate and almonds together. Next time I will use hershey's kisses instead of icing. Thank you again, Derek
Nice taste; not quite the texture I was after (looking to replicate a cookie I had that was a little drier). Easy cookie and a nice, family-friendly dessert for stir-fry or other Asian-inspired meals.