Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A chilled souffle
Make and share this Chilled Orange Soufflé With Calendula recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup frozen concentrated orange juice, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup yellow and orange calendula flowers
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- fresh orange slice
- yellow and orange calendula flowers
- Beat egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Add ½ cup sugar gradually; beat until very light in color.
- Blend in juices, peel, and a dash of salt.
- Stir over low heat until slightly thickened.
- Soak gelatin in liqueur and stir into hot custard. Cool.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, adding remaining ½ cup sugar gradually.
- Beat until stiff. Whip cream.
- Fold egg whites into custard with a whisk and then gently fold in whipped cream and calendula petals.
- Pour into a bowl or glass soufflé dish. Chill.
- To serve, top with paper-thin orange slices and calendula flowers.