Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Bursting southwest flavor.
- 2 lbs fresh cod fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juice of
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Coat oven safe pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Place cod in pan.
- Sprinkle chili powder, herb and salt.
- Roast 5-7 minutes until opaque.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add cumin and lime juice and cook for 1 more minute.
- Before serving drizzle butter mixture over cod.
Great recipe, very 'clean' taste !
This recipe was so wonderful! The lime juice cuts the chili powder in the tastiest way. I didn't add the butter as others suggested and just squeezed the lime juice over the top at the end. I will say that I had larger cod filets so I ended up baking them for 3 additional minutes.