Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tasty, quick turkey dish with a kick.
Make and share this Chili-Lime Baked Turkey recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey tenderloins (2)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat an oblong baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except turkey. Rub mixture onto all surfaces of the turkey.
- Place the turkey in a baking dish and bake 40 minutes, until juices no longer run pink when turkey is pierced, turning turkey over halfway through cooking time.
- Slice the turkey and pour the cooking juices over the slices.
We cut up a whole turkey and used this recipe for the tenderloins plus some of the breast - I suggest cooking as sliced so the sauce gets everywhere!!
A wonderfully easy, and quick dinner solution.
I used two large chicken breasts, and let them sit in the spice mixture for about 30 minutes before I baked them off.
Full of flavour with a nice kick to it, this made for a great meal with a crisp salad and baked jackets...DH has requested these in wraps too, so that's got to be good!!
Cheers Mikekey, another winner. Made for Almost Five.
I followed the recipe exactly except here in Hawaii, the grocery store didn't have any limes so I had to buy that reconstituted stuff. It still turned out delicious (I'm sure alot better with the real lime). Tad spicy but we like it that way. Thanks for this one.