Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Who knew you could whip up something this delicious so quickly. Heck, I'd eat this sauce on anything. I added cream cheese to mine too. Recipe courtesy of 2008 Taste of Home Annual Recipes.
- 2 large artichokes
- 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 ounces choped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 inch from the tops. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Place artichokes in a large saucepan and add 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily.
- Invert artichokes to drain for 10 minutes. With a grapefruit spoon, carefully remove the fuzzy centers and discard.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the cheese, evaporated milk and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring twice. Stir in cilantro. Gently spread artichoke leaves apart, fill with cheese mixture. Serve immediately.