Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love tofu. But this chickpea sandwich is much more satisfying than the typical "mock tuna" salad made with tofu. Sure it is simple, but so delicious and satisfying. This is not my recipe--I got it from another site, changing one or two things. You can add other vegetables, pickles or any of your other favorites to suit your taste.
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt & pepper
- Drain & rinse chickpeas.
- Mash in medium size bowl with fork.
- Add celery, onion, dill and mayo.
- Mix and add salt & pepper and more mayo, if desired.
- Best on toasted wheat bread.
I have to agree. I love this filling. I use Vegenaise brand vegan mayo and the combination with chickpeas is fantastic. I use more than 1 T. though!