Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great casserole dish, that is easy to put together and get in the oven on those nights when you are hungry and tired and don't feel like cooking but want something good to eat to fill your belly. Baking time does not include cooking the chicken. That needs to be done ahead.
- 2 -3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into pieces, cooked according to package
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan, then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, cooked spaghetti, bell pepper,.
- onion, soup, wine and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top, and bake for another 15.
I cooked the pasta in the stock that resulted from cooking the chicken. I then subbed that stock for the wine. Great casserole, great leftovers. Super easy and tasty. Low fat soup and cheese worked well.
E_A_S_Y and feeling thanks for posting.