Recipe by Charmie777
This is a delicious recipe that I made up years ago. It is my top requested recipe for my family's birthday dinners. It's easy, yet looks like you've slaved all day! Great for entertaining.
Top Review by Elisa612
Omg! This recipe is amazing! I've made it 3 times, forgot to come back and review. It was perfect! I made it 2 nights back to back because my husband couldn't get enough of it :) ... Trust me, says a lot since he's a very picky eater! My 5 year old loved it as well.
Also, I used pepper jack cheese slices instead.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Slice or pound chicken into thin pieces.
- Brown lightly in pan coated with cooking spray.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Roll out each sheet into slightly larger rectangle.
- Cut each sheet into 4 equal pieces.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, and cut into pieces small enough to fit on half of each pastry square.
- On each pastry square, place one piece chicken, one slice of mozzarella cheese, and 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce.
- Brush half the edges of each pastry square with egg wash mixture. Fold over and seal with fork.
- Transfer to cooking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush top of each pillow with egg wash.
- Bake at 425º until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with any remaining pesto sauce, or heated spaghetti sauce if desired.