Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this one on the fly when I was a cook at a golf club to use as a daily special. It quickly became a customer favorite! Very simple to make and very tasty. Can also be used as a main course, without the bun, or on top of spaghetti. I also used to lightly toast the kaiser rolls in the oven for a little something extra!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (panko works well too)
- 1 cup chunky marinara sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- oil (for frying)
- 4 medium sized kaiser rolls
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound chicken with tenderizer until thin.
- Coat chicken with flour, egg mixture, and bread crumbs.
- Pan or deep fry chicken until fully cooked.
- Place cooked chicken on cookie sheet or shallow baking dish.
- Spread marinara sauce on top of chicken.
- Top chicken with provolone cheese.
- Place in oven, heat until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven, place chicken on roll, and serve.
I have made a recipe just like this one many times and it is a delicious sandwich. Alan Leonetti