Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Reynolds Wrap recipe attached to a packet of chicken. I just made iewe's "Grilled Sweet-And-Sour Chicken Packets" and it worked so well that when I saw this recipe I just had to post it to keep it for next weeks dinner plans. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced (or 2 cups broccoli florets)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat grill to a medium high heat.
- Tear foil into 12x18-inch sheets and spray each with non-stick spray.
- Center one chicken breast onto each sheet.
- Spoon 1/4 c pasta sauce over each chicken breast.
- Top each with some zucchini slices or broccoli florets.
- Sprinkle each with some parmesan cheese.
- Fold up sides and double fold the top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for circulation inside.
- Grill 15-20 minutes in a covered grill until chicken reaches a temperature of 170 degrees at the thickest part.
- Cut small slits in top of foil to release steam.
- Either serve in foil packets or remove from pack and place chicken on some pasta noodles. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese before serving.
Baked in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes and used broccoli instead of zucchini. Whole family loved it ( even the neighbors kid ).
This was awesome! It's been in my To Try CB for a long time now, and I finally got around to trying it. I loved the simplicity of the recipe, easy cleanup!, and the taste. I tried adding mushrooms as Starrynews suggested (I personally believe that the cooking trinity is garlic, onion, and mushrooms!) and loved it. I used a bottled pasta sauce which made this really fast. Thanks Mel for a great easy dinner tonight! Made for Photo Tag.
This was a great meal that got good reviews across the boards from my family and friends that tried it. We added both broccoli and zucchini to the packets and seasoned the chicken with some Seasoned Salt before throwing them on the grill. I had to cook them a little longer than written (about 7-10 more minutes) but I used larger chicken breasts so I expected it. I completely forgot to add the mozzarella when I served it, but everyone was so busy eating that I don't think it mattered! I will definitely be making these again and adding some of the other veggies that were suggested by other reviewers. Thanks for posting!