Recipe by echo echo
The first dish I ever served to guests and the response I got was so positive I've been making it ever since. Needless to say, it's a very simple recipe. One of the few chicken dishes I still make using bone-in, skin-on chicken parts. When feeding known garlic-lovers, I'll increase the garlic. I generally serve it with noodles. While I post the original amounts from the recipe below, I actually do not measure the butter & lemon juice when I make this, but rather use 1 lemon's worth lemon juice and approximately the same or just slightly more butter, so that the butter comes to about 2-3 Tbs I would guess.
Top Review by Zurie
Reading the reviews, I am a little annoyed at all the pickyness. This recipe needs exactly what is prescribed: chicken with skin and bone, and all that butter, and I promise you, it won't kill you! Thank you: I made the sauce as given, and we loved the butter. It was a lovely buttery sauce and really, subbing olive oil is just not the same thing. I tweaked one thing: I first roasted the chicken pieces in the oven with a smidgeon of BBQ sauce, so they would colour. Made the sauce exactly as set out, then added the half-roasted chicken pieces. Not sure why the 1/2 t paprika is in there, as that made nooo diff to the end result. One forgets how great real butter tastes in a dish!! The capers got somewhat lost in the overall taste. But no matter, this should be called "Lemon Butter Chicken"!!! I made white basmati rice to go with it, young carrots, and a large mixed salad. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 (3 lb) frying chickens, cut up or 3 lbs chicken parts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ingredients on the list from butter through capers in a skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Arrange the chicken in the skillet and bring to a boil again.
- Cover, lower heat and simmer about 30 minutes until the chicken is tender, turning several times. 4.