Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens, and we really enjoyed this dish. The creamy sauce flavors the fettucine quite nicely. And it's pretty quick to prepare too, so it's managable even on a busy weeknight.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 fresh anaheim chilies, seeded and sliced into rings (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and cut into rings (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4-12 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup light cream or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups hot cooked fettuccine pasta
- In a plastic bag combine flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and shake bag to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat until hot. Add coated chicken pieces and cook about 8 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, and coating is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter in the same skillet until hot. Add chili peppers, onion, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender but not brown, stirring up any browned bits. Add cream to the skillet and bring just to a low boil. Return chicken to skillet, and stir until combined. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute more or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Spoon the creamy chicken mixture over hot, cooked fettucine, then spinkle with cheese.