Recipe by londongavchick
Great marinade for chicken fajitas on the outdoor grill or the George Foreman. Smells great! Update: volume of oil for the marinade has been reduced.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
One of my selections for Pick a Chef 2006 and I'm thrilled to find this recipe. My only change was to replace half the oil with water and it was just wonderful. The chicken had lots of flavor and was delightfully moist, not always the case with my George Foreman. Scaled this down to 2 servings and reserved about a tablespoon of the marinade for cooking the onions and peppers -- a good decision as it really allowed the vegetables to meld with that of the chicken. Why buy one of those silly kits or bottled marinades when this is so easy to prepare. Thanks baby londongavchick!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix first seven ingredients and pour into ziplock bag with chicken breasts.
- Marinade for 1/2 to a few hours but chicken is overpowered by the lime juice if left too long.
- Grill each breast until no longer pink in the middle--about 6 minutes on each side for the George Foreman.
- Remove from grill and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Let rest for ten minutes before slicing.
- Serve with tortillas, sauteed onions and peppers.