Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great marinade for chicken fajitas on the outdoor grill or the George Foreman. Smells great! Update: volume of oil for the marinade has been reduced.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix first seven ingredients and pour into ziplock bag with chicken breasts.
- Marinade for 1/2 to a few hours but chicken is overpowered by the lime juice if left too long.
- Grill each breast until no longer pink in the middle--about 6 minutes on each side for the George Foreman.
- Remove from grill and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Let rest for ten minutes before slicing.
- Serve with tortillas, sauteed onions and peppers.
One of my selections for Pick a Chef 2006 and I'm thrilled to find this recipe. My only change was to replace half the oil with water and it was just wonderful. The chicken had lots of flavor and was delightfully moist, not always the case with my George Foreman. Scaled this down to 2 servings and reserved about a tablespoon of the marinade for cooking the onions and peppers -- a good decision as it really allowed the vegetables to meld with that of the chicken. Why buy one of those silly kits or bottled marinades when this is so easy to prepare. Thanks baby londongavchick!
This recipe is very flavourful and was enjoyed by all. The next time I make this recipe I'll try Toni's suggestion to substitute half of the oil. Though while we all enjoy this I am still looking for a recipe that is closer to the fajita flavour that we are accustomed to.
My husband and I LOVED this! I cut it into pieces about 2inch by 1inch before I marinaded it for about 2hrs. I threw it on our George Foreman and served it over jasmine rice with some green beans on the side. Can't WAIT to serve this with actual fajitas and all the fixin's! Thank you for this very easy, very delicious recipe!!!