Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious and hearty Italian dish. Found this in a magazine a couple of years ago.
- 1 (600 g) jar chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 300 g ground chicken
- 250 g smooth ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh herb
- 1 (120 g) packetinstant cannelloni tubes
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a deep rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon pasta sauce into the baking dish and set aside.
- Place chicken, garlic, ricotta, stock powder and herbs into a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon or pipe the chicken mixture into the cannelloni tubes and place in a single layer over the pasta sauce.
- Melt butter in a small pan; add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and gradually add the milk.
- Return to heat and cook for 3- 4 minutes, or until thick and smooth.
- Stir in half the cheese.
- Pour the cheese over the cannelloni tubes and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and pepper.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes, or until the cannelloni tubes are tender.
Very good dish!!Doubled the recipe and made everything as written all my family loved.Prepared it a day ahead.Thanks for the recipe marli i'm sure i'll make it again
When I finally got this together it was pretty good eating. I picked this in the Alphabet Soup game. Had a real time finding ground chicken, but finally did. I'd never cooked it before and I'm sure that if I hadn't left it in the oven a wee bit too long it would have been more tender. The sauce, though, was great and I'm sure I'll make this again when the weather cools down.