Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chocolate and peanut butter were made to be together, and what better way to enjoy them both than with a cookie?
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375F or 190 degrees C.
- Place sheets of foil on the countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Mix into the creamed mixture at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in the peanut butter cups.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at for 7 to 9 minutes, or until cookies are set.
- Be careful not to overbake the cookies.
- Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then remove to the foil to cool completely.
Very good chewy cookies! We think they taste brownie like. My DD replaced the brown sugar with brown sugar blend Splenda.
These are IMO not really peanut butter cookies, but they ARE DELICIOUS! Chocolate cookies oozing with peanut butter cup pieces. YUMMMM!
This was a great base. I didnt read it right. I was looking for a peanut butter cookie. I didnt have cups so i used peanut butter and I added butterscotch chips. They turned out nice and flaky.I made them for 25 guys at my husbands school they loved them. Thank you