Recipe by Dorel
This is a very nice loaf cake for any occasion. It is SO tasty. I have had the recipe for years, don't know where it came from. Glace cherries are candied cherries that you buy in the baking section of the store
Top Review by Kasha
Very dense cake, made pretty loafs, nice cherry color inside when cut. Next time I might add a bit more almond extract, as it could have been a bit stronger for me, and maybe some almonds on top, just to pretty up the outside a bit. A very nice cake.
- 2 cups flour or 2 1⁄4 cups cake-and-pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup glace cherries, quartered
- 1 cup butter (you could use margarine, but tastes best with butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and salt.
- Stir well to blend.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour mixture with cherries.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, I use a high speed on my mixer till it is REAL fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add remaining flour gradually.
- Stir in extract and floured cherries, mixing until well blended.
- Spread in greased loaf pan.
- (I use a veg. spray).
- Bake at 300DegreesF for 90-100 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Don't be concerned if cake cracks on top, it is supposed to.