Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from an Easy Home Cooking magazine Dec 2005. Cooking time includes chill time.
Top Review by Shuzbud
I absolutely loved this recipe. I was surprised how easy it was to make as well. I was short of time so I did chill then cut into squares rather than making logs. To do this it required a little longer to chill before cutting. Thanks for a keeper!
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate chips and condensed milk in a med saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cherries and vanilla.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Divide mixture in half, place each portion on a 20in piece of waxed paper.
- Shape each piece into a 12in log.
- Press walnuts onto log.
- Wrap tightly, chill 2 hrs or until firm.
- Remove waxed paper and cut into 1/4in slices.
- Store in fridge.