Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious dessert with cherry pie filling, whipped cream and marshmallows
- 1 cup crushed graham wafers
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 19 ounces cherry pie filling
- Blend the graham crumbs with the melted butter and the icing sugar. Spread in a 9 x 13 pan, saving out some to sprinkle over the top when finished.
- Whip the cream, fold in the marshmallows and spread half of this over the graham base. Spread the tin of cherry pie filling over the cream mixture. Spread the rest of the cream mixture over the pie filling and sprinkle with the reserved crumbs.
- Keep in the fridge.
- I use the bagged graham wafer crumbs and.
- I've never tried this with KoolWhip so don't know if it would turn out the same.I say.never fool with perfection -- lol.I've also used 2 tins of the pie filling if it looks thin.
Oh my goodness so this recipe is still around. Years ago it was my "go to" recipe for company. Would not suggest you substitute cool whip or whatever.........I did once and it was much too sweet. The whipped cream is the best in the end. Also, you can use thickened raspberries (just cook down and thicken a little) rather than cherry pie filling.
My family has been making this dessert for years. It is so good! We've also used blueberry and strawberry pie filling...both are just as delicious as the cherry!
Wow! So good it makes you want to do the Cha Cha! LOL! Even though I did make some changes, I am posting this rating because I am convinced that if I followed the directions exactly, it would have to be a 5* rating! I did use Cool Whip to mix with the marshmallows. I used a pre-made graham cracker pie crust. I melted the butter and dissolved the icing sugar in the melted butter. I basted the pie crust with the melted butter/sugar mixture. I then layered the Cool Whip mixture and cherry pie filling as directed. It was delicious! I would recommend the melted butter/sugar mixture when using any pie recipe that calls for a pre-made graham cracker pie crust! Thanks SooZee! This is so easy and definitely a keeper!