Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
pre prep for any meat or veggie recipe make ahead batches to freeze I have stated making batches of green stuff for over 20 years to save time due to working over 40 hours a week make large batches for one time easy clean up saves lots of time over months and months of cooking
- wash bell peppers and celery.
- skin onions.
- cut all in large chunks.
- put some of each in blender.
- blend till liquified.
- pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- repeat till all are blended and frozen.
- put frozen cubes in zip lock bags.
- use cubes in beans, seafood or meat dish.
Great tip! I, too, am of Cajun decent and some probably would guess 25% Martian. Now to my kids, I married into another Cajun ancestral family. You would have thought that transition would have been easy, don't you?!?
I didn't want my celery to go bad so I tried this one and it's in the freezer in baggies as I speak. The only difference was I used red peppers as my stomach can't handle the green ones. Made for I Recommend tag game 2010.
So fast, easy and adaptable.