1/5 Photos of Cheesy Bread Machine Breadsticks
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Marsha D.'s Note:
Got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. We love all kinds of different breads. Haven't gotten to try it yet but sure sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (with or without jalapeno peppers)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- crushed black pepper or parmesan cheese or kosher salt
- 1Add warm water,oil,3/4tsp salt,to a 1 1/2lb to 2lb bread machine.
- 2Add 2c.bread flour, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning,1/2tsp black pepper, Monterey Jack cheese than add the last 1cup of bread flour.
- 3Make a hole in dough and add the yeast.
- 4Set machine to the dough cycle.
- 5After cycle has finished, punch dough down and cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 6Divide the dough into thirds after rising.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 14x10-inch rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- 8For each breadstick, pick up 2 strips together and twist several times; press ends together.
- 9Place breadsticks 1/2 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- 10Stir together egg white and water; brush onto breadsticks.
- 11Sprinkle with pepper, salt, and/or cheese.
- 12Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Bread Machine Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 83.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning