Prep1 hr 30 mins
Got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. We love all kinds of different breads. Haven't gotten to try it yet but sure sounds delicious.
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (with or without jalapeno peppers)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- crushed black pepper or parmesan cheese or kosher salt
- Add warm water,oil,3/4tsp salt,to a 1 1/2lb to 2lb bread machine.
- Add 2c.bread flour, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning,1/2tsp black pepper, Monterey Jack cheese than add the last 1cup of bread flour.
- Make a hole in dough and add the yeast.
- Set machine to the dough cycle.
- After cycle has finished, punch dough down and cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into thirds after rising.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 14x10-inch rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- For each breadstick, pick up 2 strips together and twist several times; press ends together.
- Place breadsticks 1/2 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Stir together egg white and water; brush onto breadsticks.
- Sprinkle with pepper, salt, and/or cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks.