Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe looks really good. I got it off my ground beef package. It states to look for more at the website beefitswhatsfordinner.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 small onion, sliced thin, separated into rings
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) packagethick prebaked prepared pizza crust (12-inch)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Brown ground round in large in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook until beef is not pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, breaking beef up into small crumbles.
- Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet.
- Top with beef mixture, then cheese.
- Bake in 400° oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Makes 6 servings.
I had a lovely lunch today! I scaled this down to use a small single serving pizza crust for me and my mother. Since my mother is not a fan of peppers I used used more onions and let them carmelize in a bit of oil a bit before I added the beef. Over all a very simple but tasty pizza that is def. diffrent than what I normally have. I added a bit of provolone cheese as well to make it more "cheese steak" like. I plan on making this again! Thanks for posting.
This was a good steak pizza. But next time I'll use a little bit of pizza sauce before putting the topping. Thanks kittycara :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
so yummy...and easy. LOTS of topping. Very filling. I'll definitely make this again