Recipe by rangapeach
This is a really popular recipe that's gone into 'public domain' on this island and goes really well with a glass of 'cabinet savage' when you're winding down just before dinner. Also it keeps well in an airtight cookie tin or can be well wrapped and frozen for a couple of months.
Top Review by Mirj
Truly outstanding as a cracker! The ground celery seed added a wonderful taste. I can't wait to try this with garlic, chives, curry, the possibilities are endless! BTW, I am not a fan of rolling out dough, so I patted the dough to pretty much the 1/4 inch thickness and then used a schnapps glass to cut out the circles. Worked like a charm!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 lb cold pack aged cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend butter and cheese in a food processor until creamy.
- Add flour, one cup at a time.
- Add seasonings.
- Remove cheese mixture to a large bowl and mix in the rice cereal, kneading gently if necessary.
- Place dough on a floured board and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a plain 2 inch cookie cutter to cut out.
- Place onto cookie sheet and bake at 325°F.
- for 20 minutes.
- For variety you can use other seasonings like cayenne, finely minced onion, chives, itty bits of jalapeño, bacon bits, etc.