Mmm...Mmmm...Good. This has great flavors, and sticks to your ribs. When I made it, I made a roux by melting 4 tablespoons butter and adding the flour to it and eventually the milk and cheese. I also used more onion and more celery. I will post the recipe as written. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Dutch oven, combine the first 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, place flour in a large saucepan and gradually whisk in milk.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Add cheese and stir until melted.
- 7Stir the ham and the cheese sauce into undrained vegetables and stir until combined.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 898.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 16.3 g