Crowd-pleasing treat. A cookie press works best to make this appetizer, but you can also roll out the dough and just cut with cookie cutters.
- Beat together butter and cheese.
- Add egg yolks, pepper, mustard, salt, and sugar; beat until well blended.
- Add flour and stir until smoothly blended.
- Form dough into balls, put into a spritz cookie press and shape crackers on baking sheets.
- Or chill dough for 1 hour, roll on a floured surface and cut with fancy cookie cutters, then place on baking sheets.
- Decorate with seeds if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 375F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cooled.
I was looking for other sprtiz recipes I could use with my cookie press. This one looked interesting. They turned out very delicate. A touch too delicate for a craker. But they were light and tasted good. They would make a nice touch for a tea party. Pretty, dainty, delicate. Thank you for sharing.