Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Sweet, creamy, and majorly delicious. My favorite carrot souffle recipe.
Make and share this Carrot Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- Add carrots to a saucepan; add water to cover; bring to a boil; cook 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Add carrots, butter, and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart souffle dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set.
lOVE THIS RECIPE. I substituted almond flour for wheat and pumpkin pie spice for cinnamon. It came out great. Made it for Thanksgiving and it was such a hit that my family asked me to make it for Christmas too.
Another gem ratherbe!! I had been using a souffle recipe from allrecipes.com for a while and decided to try a new one-- so glad I did!!! I used two cans of carrots (trying to use up an accidental purchase) and did 1/2 brown sugar, 1/2 white sugar, and lastly I used margarine instead of butter.... no major compromises to the original recipe! AWESOME! Thanks so much for yet another winner!
This is why I joined food.com! I had a bag of carrots in the fridge for about 3 weeks, and said to myself there has got to be something to make with these!!! And found this recipe and said why not!!!My mother in law was here and in the 3 weeks she has been here I have made it 5 times!!!!! OMG unbelievable, she has been singing my praise ever since. Thank you sooo much for sharing your recipe.