Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was posted in response to a request for recipes using carob. It comes from the cookbook "The Ultimate Recipes for Fitness", and looks like like a divine dessert. It can be served over ice cream or frozen yogurt, as a dip for strawberries, or can be folded into whipped topping and served as a mousse. I'm sure you could subtitute cocoa powder for the carob if you so desire. Prep time is an estimate and does not include time to chill.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or 1 tablespoon soy nut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine honey, arrowroot, and carob powder in a small saucepan and stir over low heat to blend.
- Add hot water and continue stirring until thickened.
- Stir peanut butter into syrup and remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and chill.