Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce has the most amazing aroma and flavor. Very fresh, spicy and sweet.
Make and share this Caribbean Coconut Curry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk cream of coconut and fresh lime juice in small bowl until smooth.
- Stir in green onions, curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Brush half of sauce over chicken or seafood before and during grilling.
- Pass remaining sauce separately.
- NOTE: I usually serve this dish with a side of frijoles negros (black beans) and saffron rice cooked with pineapple juice instead of water.
This was very good! When I tasted the lime & coconut together I just wanted to add some rum & be done with it! I cut down the cayenne to 1/8 ts for YDD & served over jasmine rice & black beans with pineapple on the side. With my Pampered Chef citrus juicer it took 4 limes to get the 1/2 cup. A great summer grill, will be making again.
I agree with Jen...this is a wonderful, spicy 5 star recipe. I marinated chicken thighs with this and grill them and my boys thought they were wonderful. Thanks for a great sauce I will use again and again.
Delicious! I'm puzzled how someone could possibly rate this with only one star...it's not even a 4.5...it's a strong 5 or more! The only thing I can think is perhaps the cayenne was too strong for that person. For us it was the ideal combination of curry and spice with just a hint of lime and coconut. Make extra because you'll want it! Note that it takes lots of limes to get a half cup of fresh lime juice. Don't hesitate to try this sauce!