Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These tender, vibrant carrots have a buttery glaze and a mild sweetness. It’s a simple dish, but it sure makes carrots seem special.
- 2 lbs carrots, cut into sticks
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add 1 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until butter is melted. Return carrots to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed.