Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I want to thank puppitypup and her DH,Dave for inspiring me to come up with this recipe. And the recipe that gave me the idea was Dave's Cajun Kielbasa. For the beans you could also use the same size can of either kidney or red beans. Serve with you favorite biscuit or cornbread recipe. Submitted to "ZAAR" on September 13, 2007
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (I used Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup white rice (NOT instant)
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onion until meat is lightly browned.
- Drain grease from meat and onion,return to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat.
- After reaching a rolling boil,cover with lid and cook on low for 25 minutes.
This was great. I had to add a little more beef broth to get the rice done enough, but not a big deal. I didn't change anything. Thank you for posting this great recipe.