Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adapted this recipe from "Spicy Hearty Chicken Soup" found on here. I changed it quite a bit so I renamed it something of my own. I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped (remove the seeds, unless you like it really hot!!)
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta (any kind)
- nonstick cooking spray
- cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1. Cook chicken in large skillet with non-stick spray. Season with cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. While chicken is cooking, in a separate pot, cook pasta. (reserve cooking liquid).
- 2. Once chicken is halfway cooked, add onion, green peppers, jalepenos, and mushrooms. Let cook about 3-5 minute
- 3. Add corn, beans, rotel, tomato sauce, tomato paste. Heat through.
- 4. At this point I transferred this to a good sized pot because I didn't have enough room left in my skillet. Then add pasta and 4 cups of the cooking liquid. Stir it all together and let simmer 15-20 minute This let's the flavors "marry" The longer you simmer the more the flavors incorporate into the pasta.
- Serves 10 Serving is 2 cups.