Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet, refreshing cocktail packs a mighty punch! Recipe is from the Rachael Ray show.
- 1⁄2 fresh lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 teaspoons light muscovado sugar or 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- crushed ice
- 1 2⁄3 fluid ounces white cachaca
- sugar cane, to garnish
- Place lime and sugar into an old fashioned glass and muddle the two together.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the cachaça.
- Garnish with sugar cane.
I love Caipirinha Original or With Fruit! I do like lots of lime. Your version is sweeter then mine. But it is still yummy! Try the other versions of your favorite fruit muddled with it. I also found after muddling the lime in a shaker add the rest of the ingredients and shake really good. One step that makes a big difference. Now off to enjoy your drink. Thanks.
Yummy. Even if I used dark brown sugar. Thanks Lainey. Made for Holiday tag.
I have discovered that I love these caipirinha drinks! This is my second or third I"ve tried so far and it was wonderful! I used turbinado sugar. Thank you so much for posting another great version of this recipe. ZWT4 South America.