Recipe by Bertha C.
No better time to cozy up to the fire with a bowl of warming soup and some home-baked bread. This chowder recipe is a favorite of ours and it can be made in a jiffy.
Top Review by kass
Tasty! I drained most of the grease then added the veggies to saute, also added celery but kept green pepper as well, and allowed it to simmer for about 1 1/2 hours to thicken before we ate it. Very good and easy! kassie
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in saucepan until tender.
- Add onion and green pepper; continue to saute until onion is tender.
- Add corn, potato soup and 2 empty soup cans of milk to the bacon mixture.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the herbs just before spooning into bowls.