As my grandparents have always called them, "new" potatoes. Sliced red potatoes boiled and then covered in butter sauce. Simple and quick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -10 small red potatoes (amount varies according to your preference or the number of people who will be eating)
- 2 tablespoons butter (again, amount varies) or 2 tablespoons margarine (again, amount varies)
- chives (enough to sprinkle on top of potatoes)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups water (enough to cover potatoes and allow to boil)
- 1Bring water to a boil as you slice potatoes thick or thin, leaving the skin on. (I keep my slices "potato chip shaped" and not too thin!).
- 2Boil potatoes until tender (when a fork can be inserted with ease), about 15-20 minutes.
- 3Drain in colander.
- 4Place potatoes in a big bowl and add plenty of butter/margarine. (I use at least 2-3 tablespoons maybe more, depending on number of potatoes used and whatever our mood happens to be!).
- 5Then sprinkle chives on top of potatoes to taste and for a little more color.
- 6*Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7*Can add some bacon bits and shredded cheese on top or mixed if you like. I haven't ever tried that, but sounds like it might be good.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Red Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 99.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g