1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Basmati Rice
I found this recipe in Food & Wine magazine (Travel Edition - Sept 2012) while waiting for my daughter at the dentist's office. Sounded good to me so I typed it into my phone! Posted for ZWT8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan melt the butter.
- 2Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and cook over high until mustard seeds begin to pop.
- 3Add rice and squash and toss with seeds to mix thoroughly.
- 4Add water and salt, and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until squash is tender and water is completely absorbed - about 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 7Fluff rice before serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Basmati Rice
Serving Size: 1 (1030 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 1178.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g