Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from Cooking.com. So simple but a wonderful buttery flavor that we really enjoyed.
Make and share this Buttered Noodles With Toasted Sage recipe from Food.com.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Add sage and cook over moderate heat until crisp; with a slotted spoon, transfer to a small bowl.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of butter to the skillet.
- Add garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute.
- Add stock and boil until reduced to 1 cup; about 8 minutes.
- Cover skillet and remove from heat.
- Cook noodles until al dente; drain.
- Return noodles to pot.
- Add reduced stock and the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and toss well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of grated cheese and season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer to bowl, top with toasted sage and remaining 2 tablespoons of grated cheese.
- Serve right away.
This was an interesting dish. I had never thought of toasting the sage before adding it to the dish. Great flavor. Thanks.