Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Impress your friends serving this butter as starter with crackers, small fresh breads, focaccia or thin roasted potatoes slices. A Tuscany dream! Inpiration from http://gastronomiaandreani.blogspot.com/2010_05_01_archive.html. Adapted for ZWT7
- 250 g salted butter (1/2 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup rosemary fresh edible flower (or sage, lavender or chives flowers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (crushed in a mortar)
- coarse salt
- Remove butter from refrigerator and let it soften at room temperature.
- Chop your fresh picked flowers with a knife.
- Stir it with a fork and add the flowers and white pepper.
- Mix well and form again a stick with butter.
- Wrap it in silicone foil ( or aluminum foil) and if you want shape it round, as triangle or as you like.
- Cool in refrigerator for a day.
- Cut it into thin slices and serve as desired.
I make butter with edible flowers and herbs all the time, for the B and B, but I wanted to try this recipe as I have LOADS of rosemary flowers in bloom right now! A super little recipe that I did tweak a bit by adding some grated Italian cheese. We ALL loved this! Made for Recipe swap #86 and thanks for reminding me of how to serve up a pretty butter awalde!